LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

by - 07:23





I can't believe i am actually writing this...i went to LA!!! California has been a place i have wanted to go for a number of years now, and i never thought i would get to experience it, at least not any time soon. However, my Dad surprised me with a holiday to Los Angeles for my 18th birthday - the best present ever, right? 

I felt like a giddy kid on christmas day when we arrived at the airport and although the plane ride was 12 hours (Manchester to San Fransisco then from San Fran to Los Angeles) it felt so much shorter, maybe because i spent my journey full of excitement and watching Moana, La La Land and of course The Big Bang Theory. 

After a long journey we finally arrived at our Hotel (Hollywood Hotel, which i would definitely recommend!) and i just wanted to explore the place. That night we should strolled down Hollywood Boulevard and look at The Hollywood Walk Of Fame and believe it or not i found a star with my name on, how crazy is that?

America is by far one of my favourite places to visit but obviously we would be here all day if i spoke about what we did everyday so ill just talk about my FIVE favourites - which was hard to decide! 

NUMBER ONE: Warner Bros

On the second day (first full day) we went to Warner Bros Studios which was insane. We got to see and explore the sets of Friends, Pretty Little Liers, The Big Bang Theory, Two And A Half Men, The 100 and so many more! I even got to sit on the original Friends couch. To make the day even better we had the nicest tour guide who was so funny. 



NUMBER TWO: Hollywood Sign

Walking to the Hollywood Sign, or just even seeing it was something i have always wanted to witness and i finally got to do it. Although it was a very long walk up (about 2 hours) it was one of the most peaceful, relaxing walks with the most picturesque views. I definitely felt very emotional when i was stood above the sign looking at all the sites surrounding me. Although it was one of my favourite experiences in my life it was also one of the hottest days and walking up to the sign in that heat was not the prettiest thing, lol! 




NUMBER THREE: Disneyland 

Disneyland has always been my favourite place and i have visited Disneyland Paris nearly every year for the past 18 year and Disney World, Florida twice, so of course while we were in California we had to go to Disneyland! It was an amazing experience, i think what made it more special was the fact I've been going to Paris since i was 18 months old and I've finally been able to witness the original Disneyland - where it all started. My Dad is also a huge Disney fan and we've shared some of our best memories there so we were like excitable kids that day. We went on quite a few rides and of course we had to go on our family favourite ride Pirates Of The Caribbean a good number of times. 



NUMBER FOUR: Baseball

Baseball is a very special thing to me, my dad and my brother and a tradition we will always continue. When we first went to America as the three of us (New York, our first proper holiday with my dad since my parents spilt up) we went to see the Mets, it was one of the best experiences ever, so of course we had to carry the tradition and go to watch it in LA. I can't quite remember the score unfortunately. If you're from the UK or have to never been to watch baseball before i would definitely recommend it. 



NUMBER FIVE: Santa Monica and Venice Beach

One of mine and my brothers favourite films is Lordz Of Dogdown so of course i had to visit Venice Beach. I much preferred Santa Monica to Venice but they were both incredible places. I think one of my Dads favourite parts of the holiday was seeing the 'end of route 66' sign on Santa Monica pier. 








I enjoyed the whole trip, especially the shopping! But if i spoke about everything in depth we would be here forever so i had to limit myself to five. Maybe i will write another post about the other things i did throughout my trip, we will see. I hope you enjoyed this post and if you've ever been to California before be sure to let me know your favourite places down below.  







Lots of love, Alice xoxo

You May Also Like

2 comments